Follow Me on Pinterest

Welcome To Crystal's Blog

It is my prayer that God will use my writings to bless you today. I write straight from the heart. I write as a venue to praise God, and grow as a woman. I am a woman saved by grace! I am married to the most amazing man, and I have been blessed with four beautiful children. God uses my family to teach me and subsequently increases my faith in Him. At times I write through tears of joy, and at times tears of sorrow. Join me as I honestly share my heart and give God praise for His love!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bad Moment Don't Made Bad Mamas

Photo: What a relief!  I've had my share of "bad moments"!


I love Pinterest.  I have found amazing things scrolling through this web sight.  Upon scrolling through, I came across this quote "Bad Moments Don't Make Bad Mamas".  I posted this quote to my wall on Facebook, and for a day I have been contemplating the meaning.  I am a Christian mother, I've attended moms' groups, and have been mentored by some of the Godliest women this side of Heaven.  Pondering this thought it suddenly hit me, that all the mother's I know struggle with self-esteem in regard to their parenting.  Last week a friend of mine stopped by, and sat on the stairs.  I could tell she was about to cry.  Her children were not ready to leave, and were telling her "exactly what they thought... in toddler language."  She was having a bad day,  and was feeling frustrated.  I love this woman with all my heart, and her children are "amazing".  I told her she was a good mother, and still she left with a defeated look on her face.  Seeing her pain broke my heart.  A few days ago another friend told me about a bad experience she had at the library.  After spanking her child in the restroom she opened the door to an audience of scowling faces.  When she arrived at my home, she was upset, and we discussed the difficulties of being a mom.  I love this woman, and have watched her with her children, and she is a wonderful mother!  And yet at times she struggles with feeling like a failure.  Yesterday, I took all four of my children to Sam's Club.  Yikes... I know!  The four year old visited the bathroom for a  "spanking" once, and was placed in timeout near the clothing tables, and again at the register.  It was a stressful day!  All along I'm thinking to myself, "You are a terrible mother, look at that boy's behavior, why do you raise your voice to your children, you are a screw up of a mother."  I then read this quote, and it hit me like a diesel truck.  Wow...  Just because I yell "GO OUTSIDE NOW!", doesn't mean I'm a bad mother.  Guess what?  It means I am a mother.

I'm a mother!  All I can do is my best.  I will regularly ask God and my children for forgiveness.  I will continue to pray, read God's Guide Book, and Christian parenting books.  I will listen to helpful parenting topics... and I will seek Godly wisdom.  I will give it everything I have, and beg God for more patience.  However, when I have a bad moment, I will remember "Bad Moments Don't Make Bad Mamas".  I will continue to love my kids, and make sure above all else that they know they are loved!

Mom's, are you feeling frustrated?  Are your children driving you crazy today?  Are you feeling like a failure?  Seek God whole-heartedly, and love your little ones.  Remember:  "BAD MOMENTS DON'T MAKE BAD MAMAS"!

God Bless!

No comments: