Follow Me on Pinterest

Welcome To Crystal's Blog

It is my prayer that God will use my writings to bless you today. I write straight from the heart. I write as a venue to praise God, and grow as a woman. I am a woman saved by grace! I am married to the most amazing man, and I have been blessed with four beautiful children. God uses my family to teach me and subsequently increases my faith in Him. At times I write through tears of joy, and at times tears of sorrow. Join me as I honestly share my heart and give God praise for His love!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Sunflower Reaching To Heaven




Earthy...  Not me.
Gardening... Not my cup of tea.

The beauty of a sunflower.
Encourages me... To attempt using my green thumb.

Sitting in the front yard. 
Hunched over... lifting dirt with a tiny shovel.

Gently placing the seeds.
Under a warm... moist blanket of earth.

Praying... God help these flowers grow.
Make them into a beautiful piece of your creation.

To blossom into a symbol.
A resemblance of myself.

My relationship with Him.
Similar to that of a Sunflower.

The sunflower's growth.
Occurs when it reaches up to Heaven.

Sunflowers receive enrichment,
through the Father's earthy nutrients.

The rain... His word... Reaching into my soul.
Planting seeds of love, answers to prayer's, and daily comfort.

The seeds are absorbed deep into my being.
Encouraging spiritual growth.

Each day, I reach to Heaven.
Yearning... longing... needing His love.

Many day's I feel weak.
My mind and body droops.

It is on the day's, my strength is depleted.
I lift my weary self toward Heaven.

The maker... the creator of my life.
I find strength... encouragement... and a will to grow.

Yesterday, I saw myself.
A thirsty,  needy, wilted... flower longing for spiritual nourishment.

Today, I see myself a maturing sunflower.
Reaching to Heaven.

One day, He will make me complete.
One day... I too will be a beautiful... whole... and strong sunflower.




No comments: