Follow Me on Pinterest

Welcome To Crystal's Blog

It is my prayer that God will use my writings to bless you today. I write straight from the heart. I write as a venue to praise God, and grow as a woman. I am a woman saved by grace! I am married to the most amazing man, and I have been blessed with four beautiful children. God uses my family to teach me and subsequently increases my faith in Him. At times I write through tears of joy, and at times tears of sorrow. Join me as I honestly share my heart and give God praise for His love!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Robby's Baptism "February 19, 2012"

Today's blog is certain to bless each and everyone of my readers.  My 10 year old son was baptized this morning.  I will post a video of his testimony (essay), a few pictures, a note from mom to Robby, and the words to his essay.

(Robby getting baptized by Pastor Matt)


My first son Robert W. Ridlon IV was baptized today at Evangelical Community Church...

I couldn't be prouder of you, Bobby!  Robby you are special, smart, and attune to the things of Heaven.  You are wise beyond your 9 years of age.  You have always been interested in God.  Valentine's Day two years ago, you accepted Christ.  Emotions welled up in my heart as I stood outside the sanctuary watching as you prayed with Mrs. Patty, your Sunday school teacher.  Two years later, the weekend after Valentines Day, you are baptized by Pastor Matt Wooden, your children's minister from the age of one.  The joy in my heart as I sat in the front pew, watching you read your essay, confidently walked to the baptismal font, and was baptized unto the Lord.  As I witness you make decisions for Christ at such a young age, I am aware, of how God desires to use you.  He has plans for you, Robby!  I am honored to be your mother, and there is no greater joy this side of Heaven, than to witness you serving and obeying your Heavenly Father.  Yesterday morning you disappeared for some time (which is unlike you), soon you came down the stairs and said, "Mom and dad, I wrote an essay about bodyguards, would you like to hear it?"  Our response, "Of course!"  Dad and I were so proud of your essay!  Your essay was AMAZING!  We asked if you would read it prior to being dunked, as your testimony, and you agreed.  Your essay touched many people in the congregation.  Such a beautiful spirit, coming from a bright, and sensitive boy.  I am proud of you, Robby!  Continue to serve God all the days of your life.  He will never disappoint you! I love you Robert IV!




Robby's Essay
(Robby reading his testimony)

Bodyguards

Body gaurding is a very hard job for most people.  You have to have courage, strength, and you have to be brave.  A Bodyguard has to risk his life to keep that person safe.  Basically rich people have body guards.  Body guards keep people safe from their enemies.  I'm not really sure if body guards get a day off but I very do hope so.  If you are brave enough to risk your life on another person it's called love.  Love is something we all should remember to do.  When you love someone you love them with all your heart.  Just like Jesus Christ who died on the cross for our sins, because he loved us so much.  If you are a body guard to us.  Jesus was kind of a body guard to us, he asked us if we believe in Him.  And that's probably where we got the idea of body guards.  So, if you are a body guard and you hate your job, just remember Jesus Christ as your body guard.  And I want people to know that Jesus is my body guard.

Robert W. Ridlon IV



1 comment:

Melanie N. Brasher said...

Congrats, Crystal! What an amazing day for you. :) I mentioned your blog on mine today. I appreciate your honesty.